As of January 19, 2022, every household in the U.S. is eligible to order four free at-home COVID-19 tests from the federal government. These tests are completely free of charge and will typically ship within 7-12 days. Click here to order your test kits today.
If you choose to purchase an over-the-counter COVID-19 test from a retailer, here’s what Indiana Farm Bureau Health Plans' members need to know:
- If you purchase a test kit at a Walmart or Rite Aid outlet and check out at the pharmacy register, there will be no upfront cost at the time of purchase. If you purchase your test kit at a Walmart or Rite-Aid and check out at any register other than the pharmacy, you will need to submit a manual claim form for reimbursement, along with the purchase receipt, to the address found on the back of your ID card.
- If you purchase a test kit at any retail outlet other than Walmart or Rite Aid, you will need to submit a manual claim form for reimbursement, along with the purchase receipt, to the address found on the back of your ID card.
- Farm Bureau Health Plans will reimburse $12 per test up to eight tests per member in a calendar month.
- The at-home COVID-19 test kit you purchase must be authorized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to qualify for reimbursement.
- We will soon have a claims form posted here for members to use for reimbursement of over-the-counter COVID-19 diagnostic tests.
The federal mandate regarding coverage of at-home COVID-19 test kits does not apply to Medicare beneficiaries. We suggest you click here for the most current information on Medicare coverage of testing.